Terms and conditions
WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These terms and conditions (Terms) apply to all users of the BMJ Careers website and mobile app including www.bmj.com/careers, healthjobs.bmj.com/, https://recruiter.bmj.com/, https://healthjobsrecruiters.bmj.com/, and https://coursefinder.bmj.com/ (Website(s)). Any reference to you or your is a reference to you as a user of a Website. References in these Terms to BMJ (or we, us or our) are to BMJ Publishing Group Limited (company no. 3102371, with registered office at BMA House, Tavistock Square, London WC1J 9JR United Kingdom.
You are responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our Websites through your internet connection are aware of these Terms and that they comply with them. If you do not accept these Terms, you should not use our Websites.
We may make changes to these Terms from time to time. It is your responsibility to check these Terms periodically for any changes. Your continued use of any of our Websites will mean that you agree to any changes. These Terms were most recently updated on [31 October 2022].
USING OUR WEBSITES
You may use our Websites for personal and lawful purposes only. You may download and print job adverts (Job Adverts) and other content from the Websites provided that it is for your own personal, non-commercial use only, and provided that all copyright notices and trademarks are retained. You must not use our Websites for any commercial purpose without prior written permission from BMJ. Commercial purposes include:
- copying or downloading content from our Websites or linking to our Websites for further redistribution, sale or licensing, for a fee;
- including any content from our Websites in other work that is then made available for sale or licensing, for a fee;
- copying, downloading or posting any content from our Websites on a site or service that incorporates advertising with such content;
- using content from our Websites for promotional or advertising purposes, whether direct or indirect, whether for a fee or otherwise; or
- using content from our Websites for the purposes of monetary gain by means of sale, resale, license, loan, hire, transfer or any other form of commercial exploitation.
Creating an account
You can create a Jobseeker or Recruiter account at any time by following the instructions on our Websites.
- Job Seeker: Where you are searching for employment opportunities you can use your Job Seeker Account to contact potential employers.
- Recruiter: Where you are an employer or recruitment agency you can use your Recruiter Account to access our recruiter services and to communicate with Job Seekers.
You are responsible for your account and any information supplied by you. You must not assign or transfer your account to any other person.
If you choose, or you are provided with, a username, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
Suspension of your account
We may suspend and/or deactivate your account at any time where you breach any of these Terms. On deactivation of your account some of these Terms (which are expressly or impliedly intended remain in full force and effect) shall continue to apply. If you are a Recruiter any other terms and conditions you have agreed with us will continue to apply.
Deleting your account
You can delete your account at any time by following the instructions via ‘My Account’. If you delete your account, your account and any information stored on it will be permanently deleted so you must ensure that you have backup copies of any documents or information you may need to access. We may retain your personal data as described in our privacy notice. On deletion of your Job Seeker account, your agreement with us will automatically and immediately come to an end, but some of these Terms (which are expressly or impliedly intended remain in full force and effect) shall continue to apply. On deletion of your Recruiter account any other terms and conditions you have agreed with us will continue to apply.
Creating your profile and uploading your CV
Our Websites allow you to create a job seeker profile and to upload, submit, post, send and receive content. You are solely responsible for any information you include on your profile, in your CV or in any other content you upload, submit, post or send.
You must ensure that any statements made by you are legal, decent and truthful in all respects.
You can control what information is visible to Recruiters through your Job Seeker Account settings. By uploading your CV and any other information, unless you have configured your account preferences:
- you are authorising BMJ to make available that information to third parties such as recruiters in accordance with any settings specified by you in your Job Seeker Account;
- recruiters with access to the service may contact you with jobs that might be relevant to your qualifications, experience or any other information that you have shared with us; and
- we may contact you with jobs relevant to your qualifications, experience, or any other information that you have shared with us.
If you include any personal information in the documents and/or information you upload (such as your mobile phone number or email address), you acknowledge that recruiters may use this information to contact you directly and we have no control over how they may use your personal information.
Any material you upload to our Websites will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary (unless otherwise stated on the Website) and for such content you grant us a transferable, royalty free, worldwide, irrevocable licence to use, copy, distribute, edit, amend, disclose, sub-licence to third parties and create derivative works for any purpose, in any media. We may remove, edit or amend any such material at any time without notice to you. To the extent moral rights attach to any material you provide, to the fullest extent permitted by law these are waived in our favour.
Applying for jobs
You can apply for any job advertised on our Website by following the instructions on the advert.
BMJ provides no guarantee as to the validity of any Job Advert or that the job being advertised is a genuine employment opportunity. The inclusion of any Job Advert on our Website does not imply that BMJ endorses or approves the relevant job, employer or other third party. Before applying for any job advertised on our Website or sharing any information about yourself we recommend that you thoroughly research the employer, their organisation, their locations, and the role in question, and that you carefully consider the role described before making any decision which could adversely affect your employment situation.
By submitting an application for a Job Advert on our Website you are confirming that:
- you have undertaken your own checks and are satisfied: (a) that the job being advertised is a genuine bona fide employment opportunity; (b) with the identity of the employer and their quality; and (c) that the description and any other information provided to you (via the job advert itself or directly) is accurate, truthful and reliable; and
- you consent to your application, email address and any personal information you have provided to us (including any personal information which may be available in any documents uploaded by you) being submitted to the employer in question including any third-party acting on their behalf.
If you apply for a job or accept any offer of employment, you do so at your own risk. In no event will BMJ be liable for any loss or damage you may sustain as a result of applying for, or accepting, any job. BMJ provides no guarantee as to the bona fides or quality of any job or any employer. For the avoidance of any doubt, BMJ does not undertake any checks, review or other vetting process in order to verify the legitimacy of any job advert or employer – This is your own responsibility.
CV checker service
Our CV checker services include a review of the CV you have uploaded and a 20 minute consultation during which we will provide you with recommendations which, in our opinion, will improve your CV. By submitting your payment information and uploading your CV to this service you are making an offer to us to purchase our CV checker services subject to these Terms. Your offer will be accepted by us and a contract formed only when we have verified your payment details at which point we will confirm your order (by sending you a confirmation email to the email address you have given us).
You are responsible for providing us with a copy of the CV you wish us to review. Whilst we will endeavour to notify you if we believe you have uploaded the wrong file in error, you acknowledge and accept that it is your responsibility to notify us immediately if you have uploaded the wrong document. Whilst we will endeavour to accommodate any reasonable request, if we have already reviewed the document submitted to us then our full charges will remain payable in full (and if you wish us to review any further document(s), including any other versions of that document, then further charges will be payable).
Once your payment and CV have been received we aim to contact you by email within 5 days to arrange a time for your telephone consultation. We aim to review your CV and provide your telephone consultation within 21 days of your order being placed. We accept no liability if you are unable to attend your telephone consultation for any reason (including where you have failed to receive our email communications - so please ensure that you check your junk and/or spam folder regularly in order to avoid disappointment).
By submitting your email address to BMJ’s Job Alerts service you are authorising BMJ to contact you with jobs which we think might be relevant to you based on your qualifications, experience or any other information which you have shared with us including without limitation any keywords or other criteria specified by you (such as sector, location, recruiter etc). You can opt out of receiving Job Alerts at any time by using the “unsubscribe” link in all job alert emails or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accessing archived job adverts:
We are unable to provide copies of any historic job adverts which have previously been published on any of our Websites. If you wish to retain a record of a job advert which you have applied for, we recommend that you make a copy of any job advert (and any other relevant materials) in a durable medium before submitting your application.
CONTENT POSTED ON OUR WEBSITES AND COMMUNICATING WITH OTHER USERS
What we expect from you
Our Websites allow you to upload, submit, post, send and receive content. You are solely responsible for all electronic communications and content you upload, submit, post or send.
When using our Websites to communicate with other users we require that you be respectful and truthful.
You must not use our Websites:
- to send, use or re-use any material that is illegal, offensive, abusive, indecent, harmful, defamatory, obscene, menacing, racist, threatening, invasive of privacy, in breach of confidence or otherwise infringes the rights of a third party;
- to cause annoyance or inconvenience;
- to send chain letters, mass mailings or spam, political campaigning or commercial solicitation;
- for fraudulent purposes e.g. to impersonate a third party or otherwise mislead as to the origin of your content or to misrepresent the source or ownership of the Website or any of its content.
Our forums are intended to provide a facility for Job Seekers and Recruiters to connect and communicate with each other. The content of our forums has been generated by users of our Website. Content is not moderated or vetted by us before it is published and does not imply the expression of any opinion or endorsement whatsoever on our part. Any opinion remains solely that of the relevant author.
Using our forums
Where you post any content to our forum, you understand and acknowledge that your name and username will be published by us alongside your comments on our Website. If you would like your email address to appear, please include it in the body of the text of your comment. Once you ‘submit’ a comment, it will be published immediately.
Once you have published a comment in our forum, you will not have the right to remove or edit your response. Only we have the ability to remove or edit a comment once it has been published (and we can exercise this right at our absolute discretion).
The content you post or send via our forums must be appropriate for the audience of our Website. You must not use our forums to post or send any content which contains:
- anything which we consider to be gratuitously rude;
- anything illegal (including, without limitation, anything which could be seen to incite racial hatred etc);
- a patient’s personal data;
- anything which we consider to be advertising for goods or services;
- any pressure-sales language or tactics;
- any text which is ENTIRELY CAPITALISED (unless you are quoting an acronym);
- any language which we consider to be obscene, offensive, inflammatory, discriminatory or otherwise offensive; any content which is in our opinion libellous or which infringes the rights of any person (including that person’s intellectual property rights);
- any promotional competition or game; or
- anything which we consider could be prejudicial to our image or reputation
You are responsible for obtaining any necessary consents which may be required in order to enable us to publish your comments and any other content provided by you on our forum (and you must ensure that the content of your post does not infringe anyone else’s rights, including anyone else’s intellectual property rights).
Any material you upload, submit, post or send via our forums will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary (unless otherwise stated on our Website) and for such content you grant us a transferable, royalty free, worldwide, irrevocable licence to use, copy, edit, amend, publish, display, reproduce, distribute, store, translate, disclose, sub-licence to third parties and create derivative works for any purpose, in any media and on all distribution platforms including social media platforms, whether now known or in the future developed or discovered and whether as part of our products and services or as part of other content owned, controlled or represented by us. We may remove, edit or amend any such material at any time without notice to you. To the extent moral rights attach to any material you provide, to the fullest extent permitted by law these are waived in our favour
We also have the right to suspend your account if in our reasonable opinion you have failed to comply with any of these Terms. We may also suspend your account and block you from using our Websites if you have failed to provide us with accurate personal details including a functioning email address, if we suspect you may be using an alias, or if you fail to respond to our emails.
You must not, without prior written permission from BMJ:
- create derivative works of any content from our Websites (or make any translation), or use any BMJ trade mark or logo without BMJ’s prior written consent;
- remove, obscure or change any of BMJ’s or its licensor’s copyright notices, policies, disclaimers, terms or other means of identification;
- systematically download or print any part of our Websites;
- include, mount or distribute any content from our Websites in other works (except to the extent permitted by law);
- upload, send, post or submit any personal data to one our Websites unless you have a valid legal basis to do so;
- provide or make available by electronic means to any third party, paper or electronic copies of any content from our Websites;
- use any web crawler or similar technology to index content from our Websites or to scrape, build databases or otherwise create permanent copies of any part of our Websites, or keep cached copies longer than permitted by the cache header; or
- misuse our Websites by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs, spyware, adware or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful or designed to adversely affect the operation of the Websites or of any computer software or hardware relating or connecting to them. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to any Website, the servers on which our Websites are stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Websites. You must not attack our Websites via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
Recruiter terms and conditions
If you are an employer, recruitment agent or other third party acting on behalf of an employer then, as well as complying with these Terms, you must also comply with any other terms and conditions which you may have agreed with us pertaining to our Recruiter services (which, in the event of any conflict shall take precedence over these Terms).
Advertising a job with us
If you would like to advertise with us please contact your BMJ Sales Manager. Based on your requirements, we may provide you with a proposal. Any descriptions or illustrations provided to you by us are for the sole purpose of giving you an approximate idea of the services we will provide to you, and they will not form part of your agreement with us or have any contractual force.
Contents of your Job Advert
Unless we have agreed otherwise in writing, your Job Advert must:
refer to a specific single bona fide vacancy;
- if you are recruiting on behalf of a third-party this must be clearly stated in your Job Advert;
- include your full name, contact information and any registration number or ID (where you are involved in a registered trade or other equivalent industry sector);
- clearly specify the precise location(s) of the job being advertised and any other location(s) where the successful Job seeker may be required to work;
- clearly specify any qualifying conditions which may be applicable to the job being advertised; and
- must not include any hyperlinks (unless specifically authorised in writing by us).
If you are a recruitment agency you do not need to specify the identity of the employer you are acting for in relation to your Job Advert, but you must be prepared to identify the end employer to us and provide any other information we may reasonably require upon request.
You are responsible for ensuring that all content provided to us or included in your Job Advert is:
- decent, truthful, accurate, unambiguous and not misleading;
- suitable for the general audience of our Websites and relevant to the vacancy you are advertising; and
- in the primary language of the Website on which your job will be advertised.
You are also responsible for:
- obtaining any necessary consents which may be required in order to enable us to publish your Job Advert and any other content provided by you on our Website (and you must ensure that the content of your Job Advert does not infringe anyone else’s rights, including anyone else’s intellectual property rights);
- ensuring that your Job Advert complies with all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and codes of practice which apply to you and/or to the publication of your Job Advert in any country from which our Websites may be viewed;
- ensuring that your Job Advert and any other files submitted to us by you or any third party on your behalf are free of any viruses, adware, malware, bit torrents, or other items or errors which may have an adverse effect on any of our Websites and/or their operation.
The following are strictly prohibited:
- any advertising for goods or services;
- any pressure-sales language or tactics;
- any text which is ENTIRELY CAPITALISED (unless you are quoting an acronym);
- any claim of award, commendation or other recognition which was received more than 18 months prior;
- any language which we consider to be obscene, offensive, inflammatory, discriminatory or otherwise offensive;
- any content which is in our opinion libellous or which infringes the rights of any person (including that person’s intellectual property rights);
- any promotional competition or game; or
- anything which we consider could be prejudicial to our image or reputation.
We reserve the right to remove your Job Advert from our Website without notice and without liability to you if your Job Advert contravenes our requirements.
Listing your Job Advert
Our Job Adverts appear on our Website via search or browse functionality, which is based upon the sectors which you specify when you post your Job Advert. Unless otherwise agreed with us in advance, you can select up to a maximum of 1 location and 1 specialty sector for each Job Advert. If you fail to comply with this requirement then we reserve the right to remove your Job Advert from our Website without notice and without liability to you.
The recruitment process
You agree to consider and respond to each application and/or enquiry you receive from a user of our Website within a reasonable period of receipt. You further agree to treat each Job Seeker fairly and in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and codes of practice which apply, both to you, and in any country from which our Websites may be viewed.
Should you fill a job vacancy advertised in your Job Advert before the expiry of its live period on our Website, you will notify us via email and you acknowledge that we shall be entitled to withdraw your Job Advert from our Website in these circumstances. Should you receive any application from a Job Seeker once the relevant vacancy has been filled, you agree to promptly notify that Job Seeker to confirm that the vacancy in question has closed.
If you contravene our requirements we reserve the right to remove your Job Advert(s) with notice and without liability to you.
Accessing archive copies of your Job Adverts
If you would like to request a copy of a Job Advert which you have previously advertised with us then please contact your dedicated BMJ Sales Manager or email@example.com. We reserve the right to charge an administrative fee of £100 GBP for each copy requested. Whilst we will endeavour to retain a copy of the content of each Job Advert for a period of six (6) months following publication, we provide no guarantee that we will be able to supply any copy of your Job Advert or other related content. We therefore recommend that you make your own copies (in a durable format) of any Job Advert you publish with us. You guarantee that you have sufficient quality copies/backups of all materials supplied to us and we accept no liability or responsibility for any loss of the same.
If you are a credit account customer, you agree to be subject to a credit check, the results of which will determine the type of payment plan we wish to offer to you. If we offer you a credit account, we may require guarantees or other security as a condition of our acceptance of your order. We also reserve the right to withdraw your credit facility at any time, for any reason.
Whilst our Job Seeker accounts and search facilities are free for you to use, certain other services require the payment of a fee. If you are a Recruiter, the terms and conditions of any contract you have with us for the provision of the relevant Recruiter services will override this section of these Terms.
Our prices for our services (and the currency in which you pay) will be stated on the relevant web page of our Website from which you began the ordering process. We reserve the right to cancel the services and your account with us if you do not make a payment to us when it is due. It is your responsibility to pay any other charges that might be applied by your bank or payment provider in paying for the services, including in relation to any currency conversion required. Unless otherwise specified on the relevant web page of our Website, our prices are non-refundable.
Whilst we try to ensure that all prices we display and quote are correct and accurate, errors may occur. If we incorrectly state a price, we are not obliged to provide you with services at that price. If we notify you of such a mistake, even after having accepted your offer to buy the specified services at the incorrect price, you may either pay the correct price or you can cancel your order for the services in which case we will then refund any money you have paid us that relates to the unexpired portion of the services you have purchased. If you do neither of these things then we shall be entitled to cancel or suspend your services.
In providing your payment information and details you are representing to us that: you are entitled to purchase our services; that you are not subject to any trade sanction; and that we may use such payment information and details provided by you in order to pay for the specified services (and for us to process such payment).
If you are entitled to a refund under these Terms we will credit that refund to the card or other payment method you used to submit payment (unless it has expired, in which case we will contact you). If at any time we do not receive payment or your payment authorisation subsequently expires or is cancelled, we may immediately cancel your order.
Unless otherwise indicated, the prices we state are exclusive of VAT (or other similar sales tax) which, if applicable, must be paid in addition.
Jobs and recruitment process
By using our Websites you agree and acknowledge that BMJ is not an employment agency and BMJ is not procuring employees for you (or any third-party on your behalf) or procuring job opportunities for you. You understand and acknowledge that the Website is a jobs board which merely enables employers and job seekers to connect and exchange information.
Applying for jobs
You agree and acknowledge that BMJ has no control over (and accepts no liability for) any Recruiter’s recruitment requirements and processes. BMJ provides no guarantee and accepts no responsibility for the legality of a Recruiter’s recruitment process.
The material and information in our Job Adverts has been provided to us by third-party Recruiters. The inclusion of anyJob Adverts on our Website does not imply that BMJ endorses or approves the relevant job or Recruiter. BMJ takes no responsibility for the content of any Job Adverts or any other information provided to you by a Recruiter or other third-party. We provide no guarantee, warranty or representation that the content of any Job Adverts is truthful, accurate, complete, reliable, or legal, or that the job being advertised is a bona fide employment opportunity or that any job opportunity may be as described, offered, advertised or otherwise displayed or intimated. The information available on our Websites is not intended to be relied upon by you. You must independently verify and undertake your own checks before applying for, or accepting, any offer of employment. If you apply for a job or accept any offer of employment, you do so at your own risk. In no event will BMJ be liable for any loss or damage you may sustain as a result of communicating with any third-party, or applying for, or accepting, any job.
BMJ provides no guarantee that your application will be received or considered by the relevant Recruiter. BMJ uses automation when publishing any Job Advert and to retrieve the results of any search. Unless the relevant Job Adverts or Recruiter profile is the subject of a paid-for placement, BMJ accepts no responsibility and disclaims all liability for the availability of, and ranking or, any job adverts displayed in any search result.
You may be asked to attend a third-party’s premises as part of an employer’s recruitment process. You agree and acknowledge that BMJ has no control over your health and safety at a third-party site, or over any health and safety measures of that third-party.
CV checker service, career and recruitment information
We provide no guarantee that our services shall assist you to gain employment or that they shall be fit for purpose (including any purpose made known to us by you). To the fullest extent permitted by law, we and our licensors expressly exclude any representations, conditions, warranties and other terms which are implied by statute, common law or otherwise. Any statements to the contrary are void.
Our Websites and services may provide information such as estimated salaries and minimum wages for particular roles etc. Any such information is provided for information purposes only. The material (whether provided by us or by a third-party) is made available without any guarantees, conditions, warranties or representations as to its accuracy, completeness or reliability.
Advertising a job
We provide no guarantee that your Job Advert(s) and any other Recruiter service(s) shall reach your desired target audience or that the Recruiter services shall be fit for purpose (including any purpose made known to us by you). To the fullest extent permitted by law, we and our licensors expressly exclude any representations, conditions, warranties and other terms which are implied by statute, common law or otherwise. Any statements to the contrary are void.
We provide no guarantee as to the quality of Job Seekers and/or any applications which you may receive in response to your Job Advert(s) and/or other Recruiter services(s). You acknowledge that we do not vet, review or otherwise verify the accuracy, quality, truthfulness, reliability or legitimacy of any Job Seeker or any claim, statement or other representation made by any Job Seeker in any medium. You are responsible for vetting each application received by you and each Job Seeker. You undertake to conduct all checks which would usually be undertaken by a reasonably prudent employer prior to making any offer of employment in order to verify the suitability, truthfulness, reliability and/or legitimacy of any Job Seeker (including without limitation any claim, statement or representation made by that job seeker in any medium) and including those required in order to assess their suitability for the job vacancy in question and right to work. In no event will we be liable for loss arising in connection with any job seeker or any claim, statement, and/or representation made by a Job Seeker in any medium.
We shall use our reasonable endeavours to publish your job advert but we cannot guarantee that your job advert (or any content therein) will be of the same quality, sizing, format, colouration, or positioning. We accept no responsibility for any additions, changes, deletions, delays in publication or withdrawal including those required by law or by a court, governmental or regulatory authority.
BMJ uses automation when publishing any Job Advert and to retrieve the results of any search. Unless the relevant Job Adverts or Recruiter profile is the subject of a paid-for placement, BMJ accepts no responsibility and disclaims all liability for the availability of, and ranking or, any Job Advert displayed in any search result. We do not guarantee that your Job Advert will be displayed on a particular webpage, or in a particular position. Although we vet all of our Websites to ensure quality, we do not guarantee the suitability and/or quality of our webpage or Website on which your job advert is displayed. If you reasonably believe your job advert has been published on a webpage or Website which is unsuitable, please notify us and we will use our reasonable endeavours to remove your job advert from the relevant webpage/Website within 2 Business Days
We will not be liable or responsible for: (a) any performance, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations to you that is caused by any act or event beyond our reasonable control; and/or (a) any interruption or delay you may experience in publication of your Job Advert, any copy or other materials to us, or for any loss or damage to any advert, copy, other materials.
Online Display Advertising
Online display advertising may be purchased on either a cost per mille or “cpm” basis (where a fixed number of impressions are purchased over an estimated period of time), or a tenancy basis (where a particular position is purchased for a set period of time). Whilst we will use our best efforts to deliver the agreed number of impressions within the timescale agreed, we provide no guarantee that the agreed number of impressions will be achieved or otherwise delivered within the time period specified. Where your advert fails to achieve an agreed number of impressions within an agreed time period, we will use our best efforts to deliver any outstanding impressions within the shortest period thereafter subject to the requirements of other online display advertisers (and you agree to waive any other remedy which may be available to you). We will not be liable or responsible where your display advertising either: (a) fails to achieve or otherwise deliver an agreed number of impressions; or (b) achieves or otherwise delivers a total number of impressions which exceeds a figure agreed with you. Variances up to 10% of the total agreed number of impressions will be waived on the basis that this represents a fair margin of technical error or other discrepancy.
We do not guarantee that our Websites or your account will always be available or that access will be uninterrupted. We may suspend, withdraw or restrict access to all or any part of a Website at any time. BMJ’s Websites are made available to you on an “as is” basis without any warranties including any as to accuracy, completeness, merchantability, quality of metadata, fitness for purpose or otherwise. Any statements made to the contrary are void.
BMJ does not claim ownership, endorse or take responsibility for any third-party products, information, guidelines, materials or services that may be described, offered, advertised or otherwise displayed on the Websites. Our Websites may contain links to external websites. Links are provided for your convenience and do not imply endorsement or approval. We have no control over the contents of functionality of those website(s) and accept no responsibility for any loss or damages that may arise from our use of them. We are not responsible for any website outside our Websites, and any such website use will be subject to the relevant terms, conditions and privacy policies of that website.
We do not guarantee that our Websites will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our Websites. Where our Website has been translated into a language other than English, we do not warrant the accuracy or reliability of those translations. The inclusion of any geographic or locational reference does not imply the expression of any opinion whatsoever on our part concerning the legal status of any country, territory, jurisdiction or area or of its authorities.
OUT LIABILITY TO YOU
To the fullest extent permitted by law, we expressly exclude:
- all conditions, warranties, representations and other terms which might otherwise be implied by law; and
- any responsibility or liability for any direct, indirect, special or consequential loss or damage (whether caused by tort including negligence, breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable) incurred by any user in connection with the Websites, the ability or inability to use any Website, any Job Advert or other content, and any employment or offer of employment arising as a result of, or in connection with, the use of any Website.
You agree that your use of any Website is at your own risk and that any damage or loss arising from your use and/or any reliance placed on its contents is your sole responsibility. This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of any Website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any Website linked to it.
We will not be liable to you in any circumstances (including negligence), for any loss of profits, loss of sales or business, loss of agreements or contracts, loss of use or corruption of software, data or information, loss of or damage to goodwill, any indirect or consequential loss. Nothing in these Terms limits any liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or anything else which cannot legally be limited.
If you have any questions or wish to make a complaint, please contact us on +44 (0) 20 3655 5100 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will only use any personal information you may provide to us in accordance with our privacy notice.
If you choose to share any personal information with an employer or other third-party, you understand and acknowledge that BMJ does not have control over how that employer / third-party may use that information. If you want that employer to delete your personal information then you will need to contact them directly.
The content, layout, design, data, databases, trade marks, logos and graphics on our Websites are owned by BMJ (and our licensors) and protected by intellectual property laws. Any rights not expressly granted in these Terms are reserved.
You must notify us immediately if you become aware of, or have grounds for suspecting, any fraud or any action, including giving or receiving any financial or other advantage, that may be construed as a bribe under applicable law (Malpractice), relating to our Websites. Without prejudice to any other remedy we may have, if we have grounds for believing that you have committed fraud or Malpractice relating to your account or any of our Websites, BMJ may, in its absolute discretion suspend your account until we have fully investigated the situation.
These Terms and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter of formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. The English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to and/or use of the Website although we retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these Terms in your country of residence or any other relevant country.